- Assist the Program Director in overseeing the daily activities, general camp operations, and programs to ensure a regulations are met by American Camp Accreditation Standards.
- Coordinate quality and safety before and after care at all sites. Assist in the development of programming and with hiring and handling staffing.
- Work with special events, promotions, and any other special needs as they arise.
- Ensure that all program area schedules and lessons are completed satisfactorily in a timely manner.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate program and administrative records.
- Ensure that the site is kept clean, organized, and free of litter.
- Be responsible for knowing, understanding, training, and executing all camp policies and emergency procedures associated with the camp.
- Assist in mid-summer and post-summer evaluations with the Camp Program Director.
- Interact effectively with the camp staff as a total system, with campers’ best interest in mind.
- Be a leader in parent communication and address parent concerns in a timely manner. Seek the help of the Program Director when necessary.
- Assist with the various administrative tasks necessary for camp to run efficiently.
- See camp specific addendum for program details.
January to May: 10 hours/ per week in the office, flexible Monday-Friday
May to August: 30 hours/ per week 10a-4p, Monday- Friday. In the office and on camp sites in Lombard and Villa Park
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum age of 21.
- Upon hire, completion First Aid and CPR certification.
- Minimum 2 years experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of practices, procedures, activities, and programs as they relate to youth/child Day Camp.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in camp activities, which include hiking, swimming, rustic construction, cook outs, physical games, and activities.
- Must have the ability to transport, restrain, and physically support children and staff when needed for safety purposes in general camp activities and group initiative activities