Free Webinar: Reopening and Recovery Using Safety Science and Project Management
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to create unprecedented economic and public health challenges for local governments, businesses and other institutions as they move toward reopening to a new normal.
On Thursday, June 18, Elmhurst College will host a free webinar, “Fast and Safe Reopenings and Recovery Using Open Data, Project Management and Compliance to Standards.” The webinar will explore evidence-based strategies to help communities reopen safely, build consumer and employee confidence, and restore long-lasting economic prosperity.
The hourlong webinar will feature a panel of experts from global safety science company UL; the market leading solutions analytics provider, Minitab, LLC; data sharing platform provider Opendatasoft; and the Elmhurst College graduate programs in data science and public health.
The panelists will discuss methods and resources that are available to local communities as they seek optimal ways to reopen and recover, with a focus on:
- A project management approach tied to meeting safety standards
- Decentralized, data-driven execution and communication
- The importance of using the right software solutions to execute
- Using third-party inspections, testing and certifications to instill consumer and employee confidence
- Preventing future shutdowns through statistical hypothesis testing
The presenters include:
- Co-moderator: John Aaron, Ph.D., adjunct faculty, Elmhurst College Master of Data Science program
- Co-moderator: Molly Tran, M.D., M.P.H., M.A., program director, Elmhurst College Master of Public Health program
- Franck Carassus, co-founder, Opendatasoft
- Eric Glass, senior risk and safety advisor, UL
- Chris Ashworth, national manager built environment and sustainability, UL
- Jennifer Atlas, global market development manager, Minitab, LLC
The webinar will be held on Thursday, June 18, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
RSVP to attend at elmhurst.edu/reopen.